March 21, 2005 (from Uruknet)
Dr. Hafidh al-Dulaimi, the head of “the Commission for the Compensation of Fallujah citizens” has reported the following destruction that has been inflicted on Fallujah as a result of the American attack on it:
– 7000 totally destroyed, or nearly totally destroyed, homes in all districts of Fallujah.
– 8400 stores, workshops, clinics, warehouses, etc.. destroyed.
– 65 mosques and religious sanctuaries have been either totally demolished and leveled with the ground or whose minarets and inner halls have been demolished.
– 59 kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools and technical colleges have been destroyed.
– 13 government buildings have been leveled.
– Destruction of the two electricity substations, the three water purification plants, the two railroad stations and heavy damages to the sewage and rain drainage subsystems throughout the city.
– The total destruction of a bridge to the West of the city.
– The death of 100,000 domestic and wild animals due to chemical and/or gaseous munitions.- — The burning and destruction of four libraries that housed hundreds perhaps thousands of ancient Islamic manuscripts and books.
– The targeted destruction (which appears to be intentional) of the historical nearby site at Saqlawia and the castle of Abu al-Abbas al-Safah.
Dr. al-Dulaimi has asked all relevant international organization to visit and document the destruction to Fallujah………The Head of the Compensation Committee reveals in numbers the Fallujah Tragedy March 21, 2005
(Islam Memo news item in Arabic: http://www.islammemo.cc/news/one_news.asp?IDNews=59994 – translation by Imad Khadduri)